Corporate responsibility is everyone’s responsibility at Capitalsave Investment Partners
We are committed to making a difference in how we manage money, develop our workforce and lift our communities. We come to work each day knowing that our daily efforts benefit life-saving medical research. This Prosper with Purpose®️ model is a source of pride and inspiration for every Capitalsave Investment Partners employee
Impact in Our Communities
Employees are encouraged to become involved in their communities and support their commitments by participating in non-profit organisation’s and providing different ways to give and make their contributions go further through matching and grant-making. In fact, over 30,000 volunteer hours annually are contributed by our employees.
For employee giving
Capitalsave Investment Partner’s Foundation (CsIPF)
This matching-gifts program recognises employees’ contributions of time and money by enabling them to direct up to $10,000 annually to 501(c)(3) organisations, including a 2-to-1 match to employees supporting civil rights or social action and advocacy efforts.
employee match to support social justice organisations
Twice yearly, the Foundation considers grant applications from 501(c)(3) organizations with preference toward those whose work is sustainable, inspires growth and in which our employees have significant and recurring involvement. The Foundation gifts, on average, about $60,000 each year in grants ranging from $500 to $2,500. The Foundation has granted $7.7M since its inception in 2016
Granted since 2016
Volunteering and donations
We encourage our staff to play an active role in the communities they work in, for instance by supporting participation in local volunteering activities.
We also invest in good causes that are aligned with our own culture and values and those that help children and students maximize their talents. Each year the Group allocates a global budget to match staff donations to international charities for specific causes.
In the past years we have collected and donated funds for the fight against Ebola, the appeal for Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, the tsunami in Japan, the Sichuan earthquake in China and for research on neuroendocrine tumors.
We make donations to various local charities such as the Alzheimer’s Society and Brainwave initiative in the UK and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in different locations.
Examples of our local community affairs and charity engagement:
- In the UK, we promote tax-efficient payroll donating to staff through a Give as You Earn scheme. In addition we organize a series of volunteer days each year, where teams of volunteers engage in activities such as refurbishing school gardens, encouraging children to get involved in sports and transforming the gardens of housing projects. And since 2010, Capitalsave Investment Partner’s has hosted an annual coffee mornings, raising almost $30,000 to date
- In Dublin, an annual awareness week is organized to raise money for a charity nominated by employees. In 2016, Dublin employees nominated the A.I Partners Foundation which raises funds for the Children's University Hospital. Since 2016, Capitalsave Investment Partners Fund Management and staff have donated over $29,000 to the various charities nominated by staff.
- In New York, since 2019 our employees have been participating in HELP USA's annual toy drive. HELP USA is a national not-for-profit organization with a mission to empower the homeless and others in need to become and remain self-reliant. Capitalsave Investment Partners New York also participates in Operation Backpack. This is an annual drive to provide children with brand new backpacks, filled with classroom supplies, for the first day of the new school year. The Operation Backpack team aims to ensure no child living in a New York City shelter will be left out when the new term begins in September.
- In Hong Kong staff participate annually in ‘The Dress Special Day’ organized by The Community Chest as well as the 'Dress Pink Day' organized by the Hong Kong Cancer Fund.
- In Switzerland In Switzerland our employees participate in an annual charity run. Participants ‘earn’ money for each lap they run which is then donated to various charities.
In our inaugural CSR Annual Report, we highlight our global impact – from the long-term success of Celebration with Service and partner highlights, to some of our more recent efforts in response to COVID-19 as well as racial and social injustice.
Positively impacting our community A commitment to service is fundamental to our culture. Whether it is our clients, our colleagues, or our communities, we have dedicated ourselves to leveraging our skills, experience and resources to make a positive impact. Since we re-emerged as an employee-owned firm just over a decade ago, we’ve volunteered 56,000 hours, worked with 15,000 children, served 20,000 meals and beautified hundreds of community spaces around the world.
Capitalsave Investment Partners is committed to helping children at-risk and youth achieve their potential through educational enrichment and support programs that promote academic success, independence and economic sustainability. Through our grant-making, we partner with best-in-class organisations, contributing over $1.0 million annually, as well as our time and talents through employee volunteerism.
The Association to Benefit Children(ABC)
is a "best-in-class" organisation dedicated to fostering academic readiness and life preparedness for disadvantaged children and their families through comprehensive services designed to permanently break the cycle of poverty. ABC receives significant funding from the Foundation and has welcomed hundreds of Capitalsave Investment Partners employee’s and volunteers throughout our longstanding collaboration.
PROMOTING FINANCIAL EDUCATION
Capitalsave Investment Partners Investment Academy is an initiative that seeks to share knowledge with our clients and the wider community to help enhance their understanding of the investment world. It is set across three pillars.
First, we share our expertise with our clients through the publication of educational insights, aiming to help our audience making better decisions instead of promoting any of our funds. Through local partnerships, we support our distributors by providing them with specific knowledge. In the U.S, Capitalsave Investment Partners has reached seven years in partnership with psychologists and internationally renowned authors in the field of cognitive psychology, who produces the weekly behavioral finance lessons published on our website.
In Spain, Asset Investment Partner’s is working with the Spanish Stock Exchange. In the UK: Access to some of the brightest minds in the world of science and engineering. Unparalleled environment to leverage state-of-the-art technology. We proudly sponsor initiatives that support the financial education of the youngest. In the most recent one, we sponsored the publication of a children’ book communicating basic finance and economics education (Basic economic principles: savings and investment). We are also the proud sponsors of the book “Business, Funding and Entrepreneurship”.